THINKING ABOUT The Art World? ... YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD!!!!
Type a one page double spaced paper in your own words about the following opportunities in 12 point Times for up to 5 points extra credit. Photo at Event and/or Printed Material Evidence Required. Limit is one per quarter.
1. Tell your elected officials why arts education and programs are important.
2. Voice your advocacy to your administration for more arts programs in your school district.
3. Become a member at a local or county museum! (See this list!)
4. Visit museums and exhibitions (openings are really fun).
5. Support the National Endowment for the Arts or your favorite local or public arts program.
6. Buy from local online artists for home decor, crafts, and gifts.
7. Go see a live concert, broadway show, or local play in your community.
8. Volunteer your time at a school or community center during an arts class.
9. Participate in a visual or performance arts class and learn a new skill.
10. BECOME AN ART TEACHER!
Additional In Class Projects
-River Hawk Walk Poster
Thank You Ms. Forrest, istrict196.org, lessonplans.btskinner.com, prezi.com. images.pcmac.org
Digital/ Multimedia Art
• demonstrate use of a diverse number of art tools and media
• apply design elements and principles
• use two and three dimensional media for expression
• apply the use of media skills in a problem solving context
• utilize technology to communicate ideas to achieve artistic solutions
• produce art work which displays knowledge of diverse cultures, styles, and periods of art, ART CRITICISM Analysis, Interpretation, and Judgment
• recognize and analyze design elements
• recognize art media and processes
• recognize artistic mood and expression
• exhibit art work
• discuss connections between visual arts and other disciplines
• site criteria and offer reasons for judgments of artwork ART HISTORY, Visual Arts Heritage
• research historical and cultural contexts of art
• examine the historical and cultural understanding of artworks
• identify styles, influences, and themes in art
• discover relevant community creative resources